In the ever-growing world of technology and innovation, contact centers around the globe are changing the path of their customer service experience. Customers expect instant solutions, fast response times, and access to customer support on several platforms at once. Adopting innovative new technologies to enhance customer experience can significantly improve your KPIs and boost customer satisfaction.
Customer experience is understood to be among the most potent differentiators for businesses today. Additionally, building and maintaining a world-class contact center is not an easy task. So, what are some of the main challenges facing contact centers today?
Keeping up with technological advancements – the growth in new technology is driving the ongoing evolution of customer expectations.
Prolonged wait times – no one likes to be put on hold and wait endlessly for a customer support agent to finally show up.
Repetition of Concern – having to reexplain your concerns can get extremely frustrating.
First Call Resolution – multiple touchpoints for a resolution make it difficult for FCR to take place.
As contact centers advance to the age of digitalization, visual engagement tools, such as Co-Browsing, are essential for minimizing the major challenges of today’s contact centers. Businesses are adopting visual engagement tools for proactive communication to better customer experience. It’s a pain figuring out precisely what the customer wants without proper live engagement tools.
So, What Is Co-Browsing?
Co-Browsing is a secure technology that allows a support agent to see what a customer sees on their screen, without downloads or installations. Being optimized for web and mobile, Co-Browsing enables an agent to click or scroll, highlight key information, and, therefore, quickly guide a customer to a solution.
Co-Browsing technology is independent of all communication channels; It simply integrates with your existing methods of communication such as phones, chat sessions, or emails, thus providing personal support in real-time across multiple channels. Co-Browsing is a flexible visual engagement solution that offers an add-on benefit for customer support.
How Does Co-Browsing Work?
- On the website, a click of a button on the customer’s end initials a Co-Browsing session.
- The customer receives an ID and shares it with the agent.
- The agent uses the ID to connect with the customer’s screen.
- The agent instantly receives an accurate visual representation of the customer’s screen.
- The agent guides the customer by clicking, scrolling, and highlighting key information.
- Once the session is resolved, the agent or the customer can end the Co-Browsing session.
According to Forrester, “Live-assist communication channels (phone, chat, cobrowse) have much higher satisfaction ratings than asynchronous electronic channels (email, web self-service). Satisfaction ratings are: phone (74%), chat (69%), cobrowse (78%), email (54%), and web self-service (47%).”
Live assistance channels work best because customers want service in real-time and trust channels that provide genuine human interaction.
Benefits of Co-Browsing For Your Contact Center
Co-Browsing has proved to be an excellent visual engagement tool to accelerate handling time and provide a first call resolution. Let’s see what implementing Co-Browsing technology can do for your business:
1. Encourage First Call Resolution – increase your agent’s accuracy by allowing your agent to see what the customer sees on his/her screen web tab. Customers may have errors or not able to fill out complicated forms. Whatever the issue may be, Co-Browsing simply allows for a seamless resolution from the first call.
2. Increase Customer Satisfaction – customers are frustrated before even calling support. Enabling agents to swiftly understand customer concerns and resolve their problems can significantly improve the outcome of the call.
3. Reduce Average Handling Time – consider the number of hours your support professionals could save if they had enough context. It is often difficult for a customer service representative to understand what is happening on the customers’ end. As a result, most of the valuable time is spent on finding the problem. However, with Co-Browsing, the agent can access the customers’ browsers directly to identify the problem and resolve it quickly.
4. Generate More Sales – conversations that use visual engagement tools such as Co-Browsing between agents and customers provide excellent opportunities to increase sales by upselling and cross-selling products or services. Industries such as banking, insurance, healthcare, retail, and financial services use this tool to increase sales online.
5. Promote Self-Service – more and more companies realize the importance of self-service. Co-Browsing plays an essential role in showcasing self-service features to customers. When a customer is having trouble, an agent can view their screen web tab and guide the customer to a resolution.
6. Improves Product/Service Issues – Using a visual engagement tool allows agents to take screenshots of various issues such as bugs or glitches on the customer’s end.
7. Happy Agents – agents are usually stressed and worn out by the end of the day. Cutting the frustration of figuring out customer issues and providing your agents with a seamless method of visual engagement can ease their minds and increase their efficiency.
8. Image of Innovation – delivering excellent customer support and enhancing customer experience can generate positive feedback. Using the latest technology in visual engagement can show how innovative and advanced you are as a successful business.
9. Gain Customer’s Loyalty And Trust – delivering top-notch customer service and support is the key to the success of all businesses. Gaining the confidence and loyalty of your customers is, without a doubt, the goal of every company.
The competition among call centers is increasing rapidly! Differentiate your contact center by implementing a Co-Browsing tool that is suitable for your business needs. With the many challenges that contact centers face, Co-Browsing can alleviate handling time, increase the first call resolution, and, most of all, provide seamless customer experience through the whole online customer journey.